Saturday, December 10, 2022

Baking Mice Slimline Christmas Card

Happy Saturday Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you, and today I am sharing a cute and festive Christmas themed slimline card I created featuring the adorable Christmas Baking Mice die from this year's amazing Christmas release!
My card is a slimline card and the completed size measures 4 x 9. It is a side folding card with a white cardstock base.  


I started by die cutting all of my pieces in white cardstock. I then proceeded to color the various pieces in with my markers. I wanted to keep my little sweet baking mice close to the color of the packaging. Once all my pieces were colored, I began to assemble them.  on the lighter colored side. So I used shades of gray and light pink-peach for their ears. I used some chalks for their cheeks. I also added some stickles to the tiny chocolate chips in the batter. 
I then proceeded to cut out the largest two dies in white cardstock of the scalloped slimline die set
I then began to adhere my mice and all their little details onto my card base. I did use some pink cardstock for the main mat and also for a mat underneath.

Here is a closer look at the sweet little title. It is from the Baking Spirits Bright die set from last year. I also used some of the cookie pieces form the Sweet As a Christmas Cookie die. I colored them all with my markers. The cookies are a ginger brown and the lettering was read. I did leave the letters of the word spirits on the rolling pin white.

I layered that inner panel onto the larger scallop stitched panel. On the larger panel I added some of that diagonal Christmas plaid paper. Lastly I did add some stickles to the larger star cookie and the tree cookie.

Here is one last look at the completed card. I think this card turned out super cute!


Don't forget to head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!

Dies I Used
Christmas Baking Mice

Scallop Stitched Rectangle Slimline Set


Baking Spirits Bright


Sweet As A Christmas Cookie


Here's a look at the entire release. Be sure to head over and grab them while they last!

Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable slimline love the mix of dies!

Kristine said...

So very cute 😍🐭 love your papers and these dies are fun!