Friday, May 27, 2022

Easy Slider Card with No Special Dies









Hi everyone! My name is Linh and I'm honored and excited to be here as a guest designer. I have a new video up on the CottageCutz YouTube Channel. In this video, I'll show you how I made this fun slider card. I don't drink so when I say "Make it a double", my husband knows this is what I'm talking about. LOL

To create this card, I've used elements from three different sets from the new Sweet Treats collection. The main ice cream cup and larger scoop of ice cream is from the Ice Cream Sundae die set. That set includes a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry, but I always think of ice cream sundaes as having a cherry on top, so I took the cherry from the Cupcake with Cherry set. The scale fits perfectly. In order to have the second scoop hidden initially, it needs to be smaller than the large scoop. I used one of the many scoops of ice cream from the Build An Ice Cream Cone set.  This creates the perfect double-scoop ice cream cup!

I die cut all the elements from solid color card stock but to make the ice cream extra special, I dusted it with Nuvo Shimmer Powder and spritz it with my homemade mica mist in snow white. That gives it all the delicious color variation of natural ice cream as well as a beautiful shimmer. I used Diamond Glaze on the cherry to give it that glossy shine. To finish the card, I used my Dymo label to create the custom sentiment and stamped "pull here" on an arrow so the card recipient knows this is an interactive card.








Here's what I used to make this card










4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute interactive card Linh- and a great YouTube video

Pam MacKay said...

What a fun creative idea love it!

LV Handcrafted said...

Thank you so much, Mary & Pam! You are both so wonderful!

Melinda Beltran said...

What a super fun and interactive card! Terrific job!!!!