Saturday, March 05, 2022

Hippity Hoppity

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. The individual dies are currently at 30% off. There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there.

And the dies don't have to be used strictly for Spring or Easter. The team has done Valentine, Birthday and Thinking of You cards with these new dies. Take a look back on the Blog for lots of ideas.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a whimsical card for Easter. I used the new Spring Window w/Peekers  and the Spring Sentiments dies. I thought this card would be perfect for the two little ones who live next door to me. So, let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

Since I knew the image die I was going to use, I looked for some background designer paper. I knew I had some with a brick type look to it. I selected this one because I liked the color of the brick, so I paired it with the matching cardstock and then a jade cardstock base. 

Jade card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Cinnamon layering panel: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"
Cinnamon designer paper: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 
Next, I cut the window and bunny with colored cardstock that coordinated with the designer paper and card base. 
I cut out my hippity - hoppity phrase in the jade cardstock. I cut it 2x in jade and then once in white foam sheet and glued together with Art Glitter glue.  
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the cinnamon layer with double sided tape. Then the window is secured with dimensional adhesive.  I wanted it lifted off the panel to give it more depth. 
I removed the backing from the white foam and attached the hippity hoppity phrase to my card. Then attached the image panel to the jade card base to complete my card. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday!

Reminder: Our YouTube channel is active again. Check out the latest video from Theary for card inspirations. Click here.  
Unfortunately, this is the last video from Theary. Family obligations are her main priority right now. We will miss you, Theary. 
dies I used to create card:







1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute love the brick background!