Saturday, March 19, 2022

Carrot House

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there.

And there is still plenty of time to order and get them for your Easter cardmaking. Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a whimsical card for Easter using the new Carrot House die. So, let's get started with some details on how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card by cutting out the Carrot House image. I used the coloring from the packaging as my guide. I thought they were perfect colors for a Spring card. I also use cardstock for my images. You can also cut in white cardstock then use your favorite coloring medium. 
Next, I cut the bunny phrase from the Spring Sentiments die. I used a grape cardstock.  
I wanted to do something a bit different on the card front, so I looked through my embossing folders for one that would work. I found this older Scrollwork folder from Provocraft. I embossed with a medium blue cardstock. 
Blue Embossed Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the carrot house image with dimensional adhesive. The walkway stones are attached with Art Glitter glue. After I attached the image, I realized I placed it on the debossed side. I still think it looks okay though. 
 

I attached the Bunny & Home phrase with the Art Glitter Glue. The Home phrase is from a retired die - Home Sweet Home Phrase. I didn't realize it wasn't in stock any longer. But we do have another die with similar font. It's the "Our New Home" die. And it is on the website. 

To complete my card, I added a few bunny images from the Spring Sentiments die. 
Reminder: Our new YouTube video artist has just made her debut on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

dies I used to create card:






1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

What a fun little carrot house so cute!