Friday, March 18, 2022

Bunny Baker

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Friday edition of the Blog.

The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there.

And there is still plenty of time to order and get them for your Easter cardmaking. Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a whimsical card for Easter using the ever so cute Spring Bunny Baker die. I made this one for my neighbor who is an avid baker. I have enjoyed many of her homemade treats, and I thought she would really like this card. 

I used the colors from this week's Splitcoaststamper color challenge #887. The color trio is real red, petal pink and pool party. 
I used the challenge colors to cut the elements of the Spring Bunny Baker die. Plus, some allowed neutral colors for the bunny, her mixing spoon and the card base. I thought the pool party needed a darker shade to make it pop. So, I used a dark gray cardstock.  

My card is a little larger than what I usually make, but I needed that because of the layout I used. 

Gray card base: 4 3/4" x 6"
Pool party layer: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Pool party designer paper: 4 3/8" x 5 3/8" 

I used the largest of the Stitched Oval die and cut in pink cardstock and then the largest of the Oval Set die and cut in white cardstock. I attached my image to the circle with dimensional adhesive to give it some depth.

The sentiment is from the 2019 Bunny Kisses & Easter Wishes die. It is still available in the online store. I cut it in pink cardstock and used Art Glitter Glue to attach to the image panel. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. I will be back tomorrow for my regular Saturday post. 

Reminder: Our new YouTube video artist has just made her debut on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here. 

dies I used to create card:








1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the color combo!