Sunday, October 17, 2021

Snowman With Country Shed Christmas Card

Happy Sunday Scrapping Cottage friends!  Melinda here, and today I am sharing a fun Christmas card. It features the super cute, Snowman With Country Shed die. It is one of the new dies in this month's new release. Now is the perfect time to pick them up! They are 30% off and they are SUPER FUN! They will help you get your Christmas projects done with some fun and pizazz!

Here is a look at my project. I created this cute card filled with frosty country charm!
The card is an A4 horizontal top folding card. The base is from some gray cardstock. I cut a mat from some cute pink snowflake digital paper I created. I then used the cute Snowman With Country Shed Die. I cut all the pieces in white and then used a combination of markers and colored pencils to color my pieces.
For the country shed, I colored it with a base of my red marker.

I then added some details to give the "wood" some additional dimension with my colored pencil. I proceeded to color all of the other pieces in the same way.


I then used the largest Double-Stitched Oval die from the Nesting die set. I cut it in half length wise.

I layered the dies on the bottom of my mat. The mat is the largest Stitched Scallop Rectangle from that nesting die set. I added a mat of some pink snowflake digital paper I created. I trimmed the ovals down to match the width of the pink mat paper. They made some perfect snow mounds for my background.

Here is the base of the card. As I mentioned above, it is a top folding horizontal A2 base. I then cut another mat of my patterned paper and mounted onto the base. From there I assembled the rest of the pieces onto the scalloped stitched base. Once everything was in place, I mounted that mat onto my card base. I finished it off by adding some white paint and stickles glitter glue.

Here is a look at the finished card. For the Warm Wishes sentiment, I used them from the Coffee & Cocoa Warm Wishes Die Set. I think this card turned out super cute! I know the perfect person to get this card! 

The Dies I used to create this project:






Well that about covers it for today! Be sure to head over to the Cottage Cutz You Tube Channel where some of the designers will be posting videos! You can also catch us on Facebook and Instagram!

Make sure to come back by each day for some more great crafty inspiration from the super talented team. Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

Wendy Mind said...

I love the colours you have used in your design. Very classy!

Mary Marsh said...

This is a beautiful card Melinda- your coloring is fabulous- great card design as well- and I love the digital paper you created

Joanne said...

Beautiful card Melinda! Love the color palette.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the colors beautiful card!