Saturday, December 05, 2020

Safari Giraffe Birthday

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

Today, for your viewing pleasure I have a birthday card featuring the new Safari Giraffe die. This new release made it's debut as a Black Friday special. The individual dies are still on sale at 25% off. They are such versatile dies and perfect for so many occasions. Think birthdays, get well, encouragement, baby, anniversary and thank you cards. They would work for both children and adults, and for male or female.

So let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:
I started my card this week with the sketch #830 from Splitcoaststampers. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would work for a card featuring one of the new Safari animals. 
Then I remembered I had some wild themed designer paper that looked like giraffe spots so I decided to use the Safari Giraffe die. 
Next, I cut the giraffe image in a taupe and light brown shades to match the designer paper. 
I stamped my sentiment on a Circle die. Used the 3rd largest die. Added a black layer using the Stitched Circle die - again the 3rd largest. 
 
Now that all elements are cut and stamped it's time to start card assembly. I wasn't sure what pattern to use for element 1 of the sketch. I decided to go with the wonky stripes pattern.
taupe layering panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" 
element 1 (striped designer paper): 4 1/8" x 3 7/8"
element 2, 3 & 4 - 1/2" x 3 7/8"
Next, I attached the sentiment circle and the giraffe image. The circle is secured with double sided tape and for the giraffe I used dimensional adhesive. For element 6 of the sketch I added some leaves, and I cut those from the Safari Adventure Gang die
 
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the black card base and scattered a few black enamel dots. Decided to add a couple of leaves under one of the enamel dots. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday.

dies I used to create card










2 comments:

Sukie said...

Very cute card! The sentiment is perfect for your birthday card and the giraffe is absolutely adorable!

Pam MacKay said...

Great sketch design love the color combo and sentiment