Sunday, December 06, 2020

Wild Ride

Hi!

It's Anja here. I got a package of most adorable dies this week. And decided to make a frame as my first project.

 
For this project I used: 
- Cottage Cutz dies (Safari Peekers, Savanna, Circle Set),
- Distress Inks,
- white card stock for die cuts and background (20x15 cm),
- picture frame (for 13x18 cm  photo),
- moss effect and grass effect paste,
- velvet powder,
- silver pigment ink,
- black pen,
- white pen,
- plastic stencil (clouds),
- heat gun,
- paper glue,
- washi tape,
- adhesive foam pads.

First I cut all parts for the trees. I used moss effect paste for trees and green effect paste for grass. I add generous amount of the paste on the cuts and dried it with the heat gun. The heat blows up the paste and gives it 3d effect. After that I colored the pieces around the edges with Distress Ink. For the grass cuts I added velvet powder before I dried the pieces with the heat gun. The powder gives it a nice effect.

 
Then I cut and colored all the other parts. 

After all the pieces were ready I started on the background. I colored the grass and the road with Distress Inks. I made a stencil for the sun. First I used the negative of the circle to color the sun. Then I used the cut circle and washi taped it on the colored sun. Next I used the stencil and made the clouds.

 
When all the part was ready I adhered the trees and stones to the background. Then I inserted the background into the frame and added the car. I adhered the car with adhesive foam pads. And my frame was done. 


That's all from me for today. Have a nice week and see you again next Sunday. 

Anja Z. 


Cottage Cutz dies I used for this project:



4 comments:

Sukie said...

Gorgeous safari scene! The frame you created looks amazing!

Jeanne said...

This is just stunning! What a great additional way to use the dies to create a picture. This would be perfect for a child’s room!

Mary Marsh said...

Wow this is an amazing project Anja- love what you have created

Pam MacKay said...

What a fantastic picture! I know quite a few kids that would love this in their room! Very creative!!