Thursday, May 23, 2019

Make A Wish

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Thursday edition of the Blog.

We are still featuring cards using the new Magical Fantasy release.  If you haven't seen the Magical Fantasy release yet, you have to drop by the online store and check it out. These new dies are all so cute and whimsical. There are 27 new designs and I am in love with everyone of them. 

Today, I am featuring the new Sweet Unicorns die. It looks like it's currently out of stock but it should return soon. I needed a birthday card for a 4 year old girl and she loves unicorns. They are hot with the kids these days. Unicorns are everywhere along with rainbows and glitter. I thought I would turn it into a shaker card. She will love shaking the sequins around. They really aren't hard to make and it has that "wow" factor. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card. 

Step 1: I decided to cut the circle first to make sure I had enough room for my sentiment inside the circle. Using white cardstock 3 3/4" x 5" and the 2nd largest double stitched circle die I cut my circle. I used this die because it was the size I wanted for my opening. I will save the die cut circle for another use. 
Now I need to make my "window". I used a window sheet cut to 4" x 3 1/2". It's smaller than my white panel but larger than the circle opening. I used double sided tape to secure the window sheet in place. To avoid static on the window sheet I used my powder tool on both sides of the sheet. You could also use an embossing buddy. It will keep the sequins from sticking to the sheet. 
Next I used foam tape and ran it around my circle opening. I also used dimensional adhesive on the corners to make sure it's the same height all around my card. I again used the powder tool on the inside of the foam tape. It cuts down on the stickiness and the sequins won't stick to it. 
I cut the Make a Wish words in grape cardstock from the Fairytale Birthday die. I added to a lighter shade of purple. I wanted to have some color in the shaker background. 
Added the sequins to the inside of the circle. I added a little more than I thought  I would need because I wanted her to be able to shake it. 
I peeled off the foam backing and placed my sentiment panel on top. Since it is the same size as the shaker panel I lined it up at the top first. 
I wanted the shaker panel to pop and so I added a layer of the grape cardstock to this panel. The layering panel is 4" x 5 1/4"

Step 2:  Now that the image panel is ready, I cut my unicorn images from the Sweet Unicorns die. I used the package coloring as my color guide. 
Added them to the image panel and secured with double sided tape. 
To finish off my card, I secured the image panel to the pink card base. The base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Added a few pink enamel dots and my card is complete. Don't you just love the unicorn images? I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you on Saturday with another card from this new release. 
dies I used to create card:





3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable little pony and horse very sweet card!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the shaker design and the pretty color combination!

Janja said...

A very pretty card, Mary.