Saturday, May 04, 2019

You're My Happily Ever After

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a new release of dies in our online store. If you haven't seen the Magical Fantasy release yet, you have to drop by the store and check it out. These new dies are all so cute and whimsical. There are 27 new designs and I am in love with everyone of them. 

The new dies are currently 25% off and in honor of National Scrapbook Day there is also a 60% off sale on select CottageCutz dies. 

Today, I am featuring the Knight + Princess Dress-Up dies. Check out the names of the princesses - Elsa, Snow White and Belle. When I saw these dies I immediately thought of wedding, anniversary or even a Valentine card. So this will be the card I will give my hubby for our anniversary. Let's get started with some details on how I created this clean and simple card.

Step 1: I decided to cut the knight and princess first so I could figure out the size on the layers. I went with the colors on the packaging for both images. Belle's dress matches the Knight's shield, banner and helmet decoration.
I colored her face and arms with Prismacolor pencils.
I then decided on my card colors. I bought this paper pack from Hobby Lobby that has cardstock that has a watercolored look to it. I chose one of the blue sheets. I wanted a green slope on the card front so I cut one from another sheet that had a green at the bottom. Layered it on white cardstock then my card base is the heather shade I used on the Knight & Princess.

Heather card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
white layer panel:  4" x 5 1/4"
image panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
With the help of my MISTI, I stamped my sentiment at the top of my designer paper panel in a grape ink. I got a good image the first time but I didn't think it was dark enough so I stamped it again. That's the beauty of the MISTI. I thought the sentiment was perfect for an anniversary card.
Step 2:  Now that the card elements are ready, I can start card assembly. Attached the grassy slope to the image panel with double sided tape. Then the image panel to the white layer.
My Knight and Princess Belle were attached with dimensional adhesive.
To complete my card, I added a few hearts and attached the card to the heather base. Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you some inspiration for a way to use both the Knight and the Princess Dress -Up dies.
See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:




4 comments:

Janja said...

Such a wonderful card, Mary!

Sukie said...

Very sweet card! I love the adorable scene you created with the pretty background!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the knight and princess so cute together! And the color combination is great!

Jeanne said...

Mary this is a great anniversary card! I may be CASEing this for my anniversary!