Friday, March 29, 2019

Bunny and Butterflies

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card that makes quite a statement and is easy to create as long as you don't mind inky fingers!
I love the intricate silhouette dies.  They just call for a beautiful background!
For this card I used a favorite method.  I wipe Distress Oxide inks on a craft mat, spray with water and dip my mixed media (or water color) paper in the puddles.  I use a heat gun to dry between layers.
The backgrounds always turn out gorgeous and no two are alike.  For this one I started with a piece of paper about 6 x 9 inches and several shades of blue and purple inks.
I cut the background down to 4 1/4 x 5 inches and mounted that to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/4 inch dark purple panel.
Next I cut my images from a piece of pearlized white card stock.
Using paper snips, I cut the butterfly from the eggs.
I glued the Easter die cut to the panel,wrapped ribbon around it and tied a small bow.  Then I adhered it to an A2 card base made from the same pearlized card stock.
I glued down the body of the butterfly and bent the wings up slightly to add dimension.  Finally I added some pearls.

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzeasterbunnyandbutterflieselites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringbutterflyweggselites.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a fun, creative weekend!



3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Your background makes quite a statement Jeanne. I love it with these silhouette dies

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! The background looks so gorgeous with that color combination! The silhouette looks beautiful against the background!

Pam MacKay said...

Perfect background for your Easter die! So Pretty!