Friday, February 22, 2019

Hoppy Frog-day!

Happy Friday (or should I say Frog-day?)!  It's Jeanne today with another card using the adorable Spring Frog with Lilypad die.  I'm also putting this card up on the SplitcoastStampers color challenge gallery.  The colors this week are Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and white.  I thought they lent themselves perfectly for this die.
I started by cutting all my pieces from white card stock.
I used Distress Oxide inks in colors close to the challenge colors to color my pieces.  Since you are also allowed neutrals I used a brown and a color close to Mossy Meadow (a neutral).
I like to assemble my elements before gluing everything to the card.
Next I stamped the sentiment and some cute little bugs on an A2 size panel of white card stock.
I used a 5/8 inch wide piece of washi tape on the right side, then glued the lilypad, cattails and lotus to the card.
I adhered the panel to a top folding A2 card base.
Finally I used foam dots to give the frog dimension and rhinestones as the bodies on the little bugs.

Be sure to stop by the online store where the new release is 25% off for a limited time!

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringfrogwlilypad.aspx


I hope you enjoyed my card today.  It is super simple to make and sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it.



3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute - love the detail on this frog die- and your sentiment is such a hoot

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful shading and coloring on your frog card! Love that fun sentiment too!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the shading you did on the die cuts, it looks amazing!