Wednesday, February 20, 2019

For Peep's Sake

Hello!  This is Sukie and I'm excited to share an Easter card for my guest designer post today. My card was created with one of the many new dies from the new Cottage Cutz Spring release. These new dies are currently on sale too!
I was completely inspired by this fun paper from the DCWV "Pocket Full of Posies" stack, the colors have a "Spring" look to them and are perfect for an Easter card.
I used the colors as inspiration for the die cuts for the Spring Bunnies Trio and for the Stitched Circles.  To achieve the perfect colors, I used my Oxide Inks to shade all of the die cuts.
I used the circle dies to cut out a couple of windows on my card background.  Next, I layered the grass strips behind the windows and along the bottom edge of my card.
The die cut circles were adhered behind the grass in each of the windows.  I tucked in the sweet bunnies between the grass and circles.  I picked out a few paper flowers from my stash and adhered them along the grass on my card.  One of the flowers was strategically placed where the 2 pieces of grass meet.
My card was finished off with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms (retired) For Peep's Sake stamp set. The sentiment was stamped on a hand cut flag.
Here are the dies used on my card, available here:


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

really cute card and sentiment- I like how you cut circle windows on the card- and the bunnies look so cute peeking through- great designer paper

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute design love the little peep!

Jeanne said...

Cute card! love how you framed the bunnies with the circle dies.

Janja said...

What a sweet Easter card.