Saturday, February 16, 2019

Cross with Spring Lilies (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 


We have a new release of 36 Spring dies in the online store. There are a variety of designs so perfect for Easter or Spring cardmaking. Take a look in the store you definitely won't be disappointed. 

For my card today I am using the new Cross with Spring Lilies die. This is a perfect die to reflect on why we celebrate Easter. 

Step 1: I started my card this week with the layout. I am using a sketch that I had saved on one of my Pinterest boards. I thought it would work great to show off the cross and allow me also to use some background designer paper. This particular sketch gave all the dimensions for the layers so it made creating the card a bit easier.
I just had to select my card colors and I decided on shades of purples and greens. 
For the center panel I used beige mesh ribbon and a light green seam binding. For the oval panel, I used the 3rd largest oval and stitched oval dies. 
I cut my cross using 2 shades of purple cardstock. I cut the lilies in white and then sponged the edges with a medium purple ink. Used Ranger multi medium matte for the cross and the lilies. 
I decided to put a single word sentiment on the image panel. I stamped it in the purple ink that matches my cardstock. 
Step 2: Now that all the panels, card base and cross are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I used double sided tape for all the panels. I secured the ribbons with glue dots. To finish off the card I added a few sequins to the corner and the image panel.
Well, that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday! This is also President's Day weekend and there is a sale on selected CottageCutz dies. Check it out here

dies I used to create card:






5 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful cross love the vine of flowers and the different shades of purple

Janja said...

Beautiful! I love this card.

Sukie said...

Such a lovely card! It looks so elegant! I love the pretty colors you used!

Beckie Williams said...

This is just lovely! The cross is just beautiful. Gorgeous Easter card!!

Jeanne said...

Mary this is just gorgeous. Spectacular card!