Friday, October 19, 2018

A "Hootie" Halloween

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and before I get to my card, I'd like to tell you about Cottage Cutz' fantastic sale on their web site right now.  Select dies are on sale for up to 50% off.  It's for a limited time so check it out soon.  Now, my card for this Friday.  I'm in the Halloween mode so I just had to make a Halloween card.
For this one, I used the witch owl from the Spooky Night Owl set.  A super fun set that includes a witch and a pirate owl!
I first cut all my owl and branch pieces from white card stock.
I used Copic markers to color them.
Next, I cut the second and third largest circles from the Double Stitched circle set and the sentiment using the Halloween Trick or Treat die.  I cut two circles because I was unsure of what size I wanted to use for my moon.
To make the sentiment better fit my card I cut off the top and bottom pumpkins and foliage.  I thought about cutting out just the "trick or treat" but I liked the framed look.
I laid it out on a navy blue A2 card base.  I decided to use the smaller of the circles as I like the way the owl fit into it.
I added a few sequin stars to finish it off.  This is a fun and easy card to make and would also look terrific with the pirate owl as well!

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspookynightowl.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhalloweentrickortreatelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=love+letters
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdouble-stitchedcirclesetbasics.aspx


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a fun and creative weekend!


6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute card and I love how you positioned the owl in front of the large moon

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute little Halloween Owl! Fun card for someone special!

Lois said...

This is really cute, Jeanne! Love that big moon behind your owl.

Tam said...

cute!

Sukie said...

Such a great Halloween card! I love how you incorporated all of the different dies into your final design, it came together beautifully!

Janja said...

Lovely Halloween card!