Saturday, October 20, 2018

From Our Nest To Yours (New Die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

We have a new release of dies over at the online store. Our Autumn 2018 dies are here with 10 new designs. They are currently 25% off for a limited time. There is also an Autumn sale currently going on with savings of up to 50% on select dies. Check it out here.

Today's card is from the Christmas Release Part 3. There are 14 new designs in this release and it is also on a limited time sale at 25% off. I used the Winter Birdhouses to create a Christmas card. So let's get started with some details on my card.
Step 1:  When I saw this week's sketch #719 on Splitcoaststampers I thought it would work well to show off the new birdhouse die.
 
Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Olive Green Layering Panel: 4" x 5 1/4"
Patterned Paper: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Vanilla Image Panel: 2 3/4" x 4 3/8"
Red Layering Panel: 2 5/8" x 4 1/2"
Step 2: I cut the Birdhouse using red and green cardstock. I love the detail on the birdhouse itself. It has texture like real wood. There is such amazing detail in all the CottageCutz dies.
I stamped my sentiment in red ink. The Christmas Blessing phrase is a clear stamp so, I used my MISTI for placement and just in case I needed to reink a 2nd time. I did need to stamp it again.
 
The 2nd part of my sentiment is a red rubber stamp and I used my stamp-a-ma-jig this time. With this tool you stamp on the clear plastic and then place it over your cardstock. The plastic alignment tool holds the spot for stamping.  Haven't figured out how to use the MISTI for red rubber stamps.
I wanted a snow fall background so I used an embossing folder after my sentiment was stamped.  
Step 3: Now that all the card elements and panels are completed, I am ready to start card assembly. I started with my card base and layers.
To attach the image to the embossed panel I used dimensional adhesive and also glue dots. The glue dots I rolled and placed those on the birdhouse hanger for dimension.
I attached the image panel to the card base using dimensional adhesive to life the entire image panel off the patterned paper.
For another idea, Here is a link to another card I created using the other birdhouse in this set. I used the same layout but different pattern paper and colors.
 
To complete my card, I added a few sequins. That's my card for this week. I thought this card would be an easy one to mass produce for your Christmas card giving. I intend to create a few more using this layout.
 
 Well that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday.
 
Die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwinterbirdhouses.aspx



 

6 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love all of the layers and that birdhouse is just too cute!

Tam said...

Nice card! I have old patterned paper that looks very similar to that. Pretty!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! The snow background against the birdhouse looks amazing! Very pretty papers too!

Lois said...

That's a sweet card. That cute little birdhouse worked really well with the layout you chose.

Janja said...

Super cute picture. Very nice!

Jeanne said...

Great holiday card. Love the layout and how well the EF accentuates the birdhouse!