Monday, October 22, 2018

Autumn Bake Sale

Hi, Lois here with my regular Monday blog post.  Before I get started though, let me tell you about a huge sale in the CottageCutz store.  It's their Fall into Autumn Sale, where you can save up to 50% on most CottageCutz designs.  The sale ends at 9:00 pm PDT, so you need to hurry if you want to get in on the savings!

I made a Side Step Card today, using several of the new Autumn dies from CottageCutz.  


To start my card, I cut cardstock as follows:

Wood plank cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Cream cardstock pieces - 7/8" x 5 3/8", 2 7/8" x 3 1/4", 3 3/8" x 7/8", 3 3/8" x 2"
Orange plaid paper pieces - 3/4" x 5 1/4", 2 3/4" x 3 1/8", 3 1/4" x 3/4", 3 1/4" x 1 7/8"



A side step card is a relatively easy fun fold.  To show you how to cut and score, I made a little diagram.


After I cut and scored the wood plank cardstock piece, this is what it looked like.


I then glued the orange plaid pieces to the cream pieces and adhered them to the card base.


I then cut the Autumn Sweets and Pumpkin Pie and Latte dies from cream cardstock.


After coloring the pieces with Copic markers, using the packaging as a guide, I constructed each of the images.



I also cut the word "fall" from the Fall Phrases die and  rolling pin from the Bake Shop die and stamped the words "bake sale," using my old Snap Stamps.


I then adhered all the die-cut pieces to the card base, gluing the "fall" and rolling pin and using foam pop dots on the others . . .


. . . and my card was complete.


Here is a side view of the card.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfallphrases.aspx


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzautumnsweets.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzautumnsweets.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbakeshop.aspx



6 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I always love your fancy fold cards- I think you outdid yourself on this one- if that’s possible- this is such a creative idea- fabulous work!!!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh I love the side step card you made it is perfect for your display of wonderful yummy items!!

Janja said...

I like this beautiful card, Lois.

Tam said...

fun card!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! I love the fun design and all of the dies you used!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Lois you out did yourself this time. What a wonder fall card!