Friday, July 06, 2018

STOP! in the Name of Love

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting today.  This week has me a bit mixed up and off schedule but I hope to get back to normal this weekend.  My card this week pays homage to one of my all-time favorite groups - The Supremes!  When I saw this Traffic Light die, the Supremes' signature song went through my mind.  Soooo....a card.
I started with an A2 card base and a panel of the speckled paper 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.  The paper is has black, red and coral speckles which is how I picked the coral color for the banner.
I used the Traffic Light die in black, grey, red, yellow and green to cut out the elements for the light.
I drew a light line on the coral paper and stamped the sentiment.  I used a stamp set that has individual letters and erased my line after I stamped.
Next, I did the same for "stop".  I colored in the word with an R29 Copic marker and then used the largest of the Stitched Hearts die to cut it out.
The sentiment strip is cut to 7/8 x 4 1/2 inches.
I arranged the heart off center on the front of the card and then adhered the other elements.....
....and the finished card.  I'm not sure who I'll send it to, but I know they'll be a Motown fan!
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutztrafficlight.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedheartsetbasics.aspx

Be sure to visit the website where for the July 4th sale!  It continues through July 6th at 9:00 pm PDT.

Thanks for stopping by and have a creative weekend!


4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super fun now I have that song running through my head!

Mary Marsh said...

Your creativity was in gear with this card- such a unique and original idea Jeanne- I love it- my hubby and I like the Motown music as well

Janja said...

Nice! I like the idea, how to use these dies.

Anja Ž. said...

So much fun! I love it!