Monday, July 23, 2018

Cardinal Ornament Card

Hi, Lois here to share another card with you today.   CottageCutz is having a Christmas in July sale -- you can save 65% on CottageCutz Christmas designs, including the cardinal ornament I used on my card today.  As we have mentioned previously, the design team is having a throwback month in July, using previously released dies on our cards.  I used the Cardinal Holly Ornament as well as the Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle set.  My card went together pretty quickly.


To begin my card, I die cut the cardinal ornament -- the bird from a scrap of red cardstock and the ornament pieces from white.


I colored the ornament pieces with Copic markers and added a bit of darker red to the cardinal to give him some depth of color.  After I constructed the ornament, I added a bit of white highlight to the holly berries with a white gel pen.


My card base is a piece of red cardstock cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I cut the mat piece from some slightly patterned snowflake shimmer paper with the largest Nested Stitched Eyelet Rectangle die.



I constructed the card base . . .


. . . and added the ornament.


I then tied a bow with some gold cord, attaching it to the top of the ornament with a glue dot, and placed some small gold sequins for a bit of bling.  My card was complete.



CottageCutz dies used on my card are:


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcardinalhollyornament.aspx



http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedstitchedeyeletrectangleset.aspx

If you've been wanting to get some Christmas dies, now is the time to check out the website and SAVE 65%.

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I just love cardinals on Christmas cards- this one could also be used for a winter birthday or a thinking of you - the highlighted berries really make them pop- lovely card Lois

Pam MacKay said...

Such a darling card! We have so many cardinals in SC. They are such beautiful birds!

Janja said...

Lovely Christmas card! Such a clean look with a wonderful cardinal in the ornament.