Monday, July 16, 2018

Framed Lighthouse

Hi, Lois here with another throwback card.  Because CottageCutz isn't having a new release this month, the design team members are pulling out older dies and giving them a fresh look.  Today I have pulled out Lighthouse w/Clouds, Rope Corner, and the Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame set to make my card.


This card is a standard A2 card which folds at the top.  I started by cutting the cardstock and patterned paper for the card base, as follows:

Turquoise - 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
White - 4" x 5 1/4"
Waves patterned paper - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"


Next I cut the middle Pierced Wide Rectangle Frame from gray cardstock and a piece of sky patterned paper 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".  I applied two layers of foam tape to the back of the frame and adhered the sky paper to the frame.


I then die cut the Lighthouse and Rope Corner pieces from white cardstock . . .


. . . colored and constructed the images.


All that was left was to place the lighthouse, seagulls, and clouds in the frame, attach the frame to the card, and add the rope and anchor appropriately -- and my card was finished.


CottageCutz dies used on this card are:

https://02f2a55.netsolstores.com/cottagecutzlighthousewclouds.aspx


https://02f2a55.netsolstores.com/cottagecutzropecorner.aspx


https://02f2a55.netsolstores.com/cottagecutzpiercedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx



4 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

You made such a lovely scene!

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great nautical card Lois- really like your background paper- reminds me of a stormy sea

Pam MacKay said...

I love this little lighthouse it looks like the one down here in Hilton Head! Great card Lois!

Janja said...

Very nice summer card!