Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #31

Detailing Diecuts
The CottageCutz broom die was used on this card and boy is it a great die to detail, and easy too! All of the markings you see come through when you cut out the die.


First I took my Copic Ciao markers and colored in the markings on the cut out pieces.

Then I took my Distress Ink and a dauber and shaded around the edges. I used the Scotch Mounting Tape to make this piece raised on the broom.


I glued the pieces together and wallah! You have detailed broom ready for your card, layout or other project. I couldn't resist using this cute little spider from the Witch Hat die...again!

Check back tomorrow for Ruth Ellen's project!





7 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Darling card and fabulous tip about shading!! That is such a great way to really make your die cuts to life!! And the Cottage Cutz make it so easy!!

annb said...

Very cute card. Thanks for the wonderful shading tip.

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the broom and the sentiments. TFS.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card and thanks for the tip!!!

Terry

Natasha said...

Great tip Kay - thanks for sharing :-)

ritabug11 said...

That is one absolutely cute card! It really is a detailed die but I never thought to pop-dot the bottom part. I'm going to borrow that idea for sure!

Charlene said...

very cute and love the coloring!!