Thursday, October 22, 2009

As the Crow Flies...


I love this Creepy Raven from the Halloween Cottage Cutz Release. He is the perfect addition to any Halloween project where you want to add a real spooky touch. Lots of Halloween papers are fun and whimsical and but there are plenty of other Halloween paper lines, where only the spooky will do. So it is nice to have diecuts that coordinate with both.

For this Halloween card, I decided to use some Bazzill Bling cardstock for the Raven's body. The extra bit of sheen and shine really adds to the spooky feel. I also used pop dots behind him to give some added interest to my main character. Otherwise, the tones of the papers are muted for a more eery feel.

It's not too late to order some of the "fangtastic" Halloween Cottage Cutz dies in time for all your Halloween projects and decorations! Visit the Scrapping Cottage today!

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the crow and all the shapes used. TFS.

annb said...

Very cool card. You are right, the crow is creepy. Cute idea and design.

Natasha said...

Lovely card Ruth Ellen. I love that Crow - I think I might just need that die :-)

Dragonlady said...

Hi There,

Spooky crow and great card.

Ali x

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh he's just fabulous! Love the background papers you chose too! xxD