Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watch for it Wednesdays!! #32

I actually had a different technique all worked up to share today for my Watch for it Wednesday post, but I decided it was really better suited for a November project so you'll have to wait a few weeks for that one :)

The tip I would like to share today is one that I used just this week and LOVED it! I really like to use buttons on my scrapbooking projects, but I hate having to stop working to thread my buttons each time. So one night this week I was sitting in bed listening to the TV and I decided to grab a handful of buttons and start threading them. Since it is Halloween, I grabbed buttons in Halloween colors and cut some black thread to use inside of them. This was a simple, mindless activity I could do at night when I am too tired to scrapbook but not ready to go to sleep yet.

Today, I was working on a Halloween mini album and I pulled out my little stash of pre-threaded buttons to use. I can't tell you how great it was to just be able to grab a button and glue it on without having to stop and thread it up each and every time wanted to add a button to a page. Plus, I wasn't tempted to just stick them on "naked" to save time because I had already done the work at a more convenient time.

Here is a picture of some of the buttons I pre-threaded to have on hand for my Halloween projects.

You could use this trick with Christmas-colored buttons, too. Just choose a neutral thread color or use a couple of different colors and you'll always have some buttons ready to go!

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Great idea! I hate to use naked buttons, so often I just leave them off 'cause I'm just too lazy to dig out th floss. xxD

Rochelle said...

This is a great "time saving" idea, Ruth Ellen! I love to be able to pre-do something to save time later! Thanks for sharing with us!

Natasha said...

Love the tip. I have never thought of threading the buttons before putting them on my page. It looks so much nicer then being bare.