Monday, January 31, 2011

A Single Rose to say I Love You!


Hello Cottage Cutz Fans!!

When I received the Cottage Cutz Rose die in the mail, I knew it was one that I would really like. I made this card for my husband. It was inspired by the glass rose in the photo. My husband, High School Sweetheart, gave me this glass rose when I was 16. Though it has lost a petal or two and the color has faded it is still very special to me! My mom loved roses too, and she had this displayed in her curio cabinet for years. It was safer in her hands than mine with all the moving my husband and I did in the early years of our marriage. I hope you like the card. This die is very easy to assemble. I cut the rose from white cardstock and colored with copics. There are only 6 pieces to assemble with this die. Even though it is easy, it still has lots of detail. Here is another rose card I did, as well as the Furry Teddy Bear. Enjoy your day today!

Hugs and smiles! Janice

4 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Gorgeous!!

Luv 2 Create said...

Your rose card is beautiful. Love the music sheet paper that you used here. What line is that?
Marcie

Janice W. said...

The paper line is The Girls' Paperie.
Tinsel and twig. Dec. 2010. Thanks for asking!

Joanne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Janice! Great job as always.