Friday, March 01, 2024

Hippity Hoppity Easter Express

Happy Friday friends!

It's Kris sharing with you today. It's the first day of March, which means there's  30 more days til Easter!  I have a few more Easter cards to make and today's turned out super cute, in my humble opinion. ☺  This slimline features the Bunny Express Engine and Bunny Express Carrot Cars along with the Spring Sentiments from the Spring 2022 release.  


Design Steps:

My card base is 4" x 9" (folded).  My next layer (SU! Berry Burst) is cut at 3-3/4" x 8-3/4" (I actually cut it 1/16" shy of those figures, but if you don't like working in 16th inches, you can easily round up to 3/4")

Next, I die cut a piece of blue/white gingham paper (Divinity Designs Polka Dots & Gingham)  using the largest of the Nested Stitched Rectangles Slimline set.  And for my main focal panel, I die cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest of the Scalloped Stitched Rectangles Slimline set.  I then sponged some clouds with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. 

I cut a piece of (SU! Granny Apple Green) at 1-1/2" x 7-15/16" and I die cut the top with a die from the Grass Slimline set. 

I die cut a piece of iridescent cardstock using the Picket Fence Slimline die and then trimmed it as shown in the photo below to look like train tracks. 


I layered all those pieces onto my card base.

Next, I die cut all of my Easter elements from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers and then I assembled them.  I popped the train onto the track with foam dots and I glued the sentiment to the top.  


I love the font and how the ending letters include bunny ears! 


Thanks so much for looking today!  I hope you are inspired to create something CUTE with your favorite CottageCutz dies ☺

~Kristine



 

 

   


Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz

1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This Bunny train is just too cute Kristine. I love it.