Monday, January 01, 2024

Winter Ski Trip Slimline Card

Happy New Year crafty friends!!

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY of our huge After Christmas Sale where you can save up to 80%!!   If you hurry, you can stock up on your favorites for some crafty fun in the new year!

Kris here with a winter wishes slimline card that I think is fitting for this time of year!  We actually got our first snowfall of the season on Christmas Eve.  While I'm not hoping for a ton of snow this winter, I enjoy creating snowy themed cards like this one.  ☺


I've used the Winter Ski Trip die the cute Winter Raccoon on Skis.  I've also used the Hills Slimline die and the Stitched Rectangles die.

DESIGN STEPS:

I die cut the Winter Ski Trip die 2x and the Winter Raccoon on Skis 1x in white cardstock, then colored with Copic Markers.


I then used the largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a slimline panel using the extended die method.  I repeated this method for a 2nd panel, then used 2 of the Hills Slimline dies to cut 2 hills from the 2nd panel.  

On the 1st slimline panel, I used Distress Oxide ink pads in Wild Honey, Abandoned Coral and Crackling Campfire and ink blended a sunset to the top half.  I then attached the 2 sets of mountains.

Before adding my decorative elements, I used white acrylic paint mixed with a li'l bit of water to spatter "snow" onto my scene and raccoon.  


Next, I stamped a sentiment onto the snowy hills in Starry Sky ink then attached them to card front, followed by my decorative elements. 

I cut a piece of turquoise cardstock at 7-1/2" x 8-3/4" and scored the 7-1/2" side at 3-3/4" for a top folding slimline card base.  I mounted my card front to the base and done!


Thanks so much for talking a peek today!  I hope you'll take advantage of the huge SALE going on thru Jan 2 (tomorrow night!)  and get your craft on with some of your favorite dies.  

Speaking of favorites, I thought I'd share my 9 favorite cards I've made from 2023 --- super hard to pick just 9, but here's just SOME of my faves ☺








Check out our YouTube channel for more inspiration and giveaways!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy and CRAFT-tastic 2024!

~Kristine

No comments: