Monday, January 15, 2024

Hello Scallop Edged Card


Hey crafty friends,
So glad you stopped in today! It's another Terrific Tuesday and I am sharing over on the Cottage Cutz blog. I am sharing this fun, easy "Hello" card. Take a look.
I made this cute and easy card. It is a side folding A2 card. 



To make the scalloped edge of the top layer, I scored a line 1" from the edge. I then put the slime line scalloped die in such a way, that the top edge will cut the scallop and the bottom edge is underneath the cardstock.

Here is a closer look at the scored line. I then just but the scallop edge of the slimline die up to the scored line. I then sent it through my die cut machine and it left a really nice scalloped edge.

Here's a closer look at the super cute bicycle die cut. I layered the bike on top of an oval, double stitched mat cut from some bright yellow patterned paper and then layered all of that onto an oval scallop layer with white cardstock.

Here's a closer look at the "hello" sentiment and the hearts. You can also see the stitched scallop edge from the slimline die. I used some blue/teal striped paper for the inside of the card.

Here is one last look at my completed card. I colored the hearts with my markers. I also used some fun striped paper for the inside mat layer.

Dies Used For This Project











Well, that about covers it for today. Be sure to come back and check out what the rest of the designers are doing. Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!
Melinda


No comments: