Friday, January 05, 2024

M - Fold Cat Sympathy

Hi crafters!

Kris here sharing with you a fun fold sympathy card I made for a friend who recently lost her beloved cat after a long battle of health issues.  I've used the Loyal Pets die along with the Love My Dog, Love My Cat die and the hearts are from the Be My Valentine Puppies and the Stitched Heart Set to create this Marvelous Fold card which got its name because it has an "M" shape when displayed.  


*Please pardon my bad lighting and tint of my process photos below.  Using a purple mat is not idea for photos as it changes so much and messes with the colors of my papers etc.  I've used Doodle Bug Designs 6" paper pad called Fairy Garden because I thought the rainbows go with a pet who has "crossed over the rainbow bridge."

CUTTING & SCORING:

White Card Base = 4-1/4" x 10-1/2" scored at 2-1/4", 2-1/2", 5", 5-1/2", 8" and 8-1/4"

Cloud patterned paper = 4" x 2-1/4" (x2)

Rainbow patterned paper = 4"h  x 2"w (x4)

Pink cardstock = 4" x 1/4"


DESIGN STEPS:

1.  Fold and burnish all score lines on card base as follows:

  • the 5" and 5-1/2" score lines are mountain folds and all others are valley folds

2.  Tape or glue the center strip between center score lines.  Adhere the 2-1/4" wide (cloud papers) to the middle panels, and the 2" wide (rainbow papers) to the outside panels. 


3.  Fold the outside panels in (like a gate-fold)  and attach the other 2" wide (rainbow papers) to the front panels


4.  Die cut the decorative elements as shown below and assemble.


5.  Add some foam tape in the center of pink strip and attach the heart.


6.  Top open, bend side panels back until the flaps open and stand up as shown.


A hand written message and/or stamped sentiment can be added to the back of card.









Check out our YouTube channel for more inspiration and giveaways!

Happy Crafting!

~Kristine


1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute fun fold!