Friday, January 29, 2021

The Greatest Birthday on Earth

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and I am LOVING these new Circus dies!  They are so versatile - great for so many occasions and male or female, young or old - they work.  My card today is a birthday card featuring the Balancing Elephant.   Another fun thing about these dies - you can go bright, or as I did here, a bit vintage.

 I started by picking my paper so I could get my colors.  I cut a base from the blue pattern (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches) then three panels each slightly larger than the next - 3 1/2 x 5 1/2, 3 5/8 x 5 1/2, 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches.

 I cut the elephant from white cardstock and used Distress Oxide inks to color, edging the pieces with Vintage Photo.

 These are the colors I used:

Using the third largest of the Stitched Oval dies I cut an oval from Vanilla cardstock and antiqued the edges with Vintage Photo.  Then I adhered the elephant.

 I stamped my sentiment on the uppermost panel in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I used this ink because I was stamping on patterned paper and needed a very rich black ink.

 I centered all the panels and added the oval with the elephant.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  These dies are marvelous.  They can go many different directions in design and can be used for a variety of occasions! 

Be sure to visit the online store where these dies are on sale for a limited time!

Products used:


 

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

I like the retro vibe - great choice of designer papers

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The vintage papers are so gorgeous!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the color combo cute card