Saturday, January 02, 2021

Monkey Hugs

Happy New Year!  It's Jeanne posting this Saturday.  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's.  Now that I'm finished with holiday cards I get excited to make Valentine's Day cards.  I like making these for friends.  For me Valentine's Day is more about reminding people how much they mean to me rather than romantic love.  My card today reflects that.

The Safari dies make wonderful Valentine's / thinking of you cards.  The animals are perfect for so many sentiments.  For this card I used the Safari Monkey, Stitched Hearts and Safari Adventure Gang dies. 

I started by cutting the monkey in two shades of brown and the leaves in two shades of green.

I wanted this card to still have natural coloring and look embossed so I used a Crumb Cake base panel and cut two stitched hearts using the second largest heart and six each of the smallest and second smallest hearts.

 After stamping my sentiment on one of the large hearts I glued them to the panel, overhanging some of the hearts.

I used scissors to trim the overhanging hearts even with the panel.

I assembled my monkey on the second large heart and added some of the greenery.

 I love interactive cards so I used an "action wobble" on the back of the monkey heart.

 Here is the wobble in action!

I just purchased some small red and white enamel hearts.  The red is the perfect size for the monkey so I added one to his chest.  To give the background a bit of variety I added some of the white ones. 

There is a huge after Christmas sale in the online store and it ends tonight at 9:00 pm Pacific time.  The Safari dies are on sale along with a new release and many more!  Click here to visit the online store!

Dies used:




Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love love love your card Jeanne- the background hearts are such a creative idea and the sweet monkey image and sentiment is perfect coordination

Pam MacKay said...

Such a fun design so cute!

Sukie said...

Fabulous card! The action wobble is the perfect addition to your card!