Friday, November 20, 2020

Cocoa Packet Gift Holder

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a fun little gift idea for you!  This holder can be used to hold an envelope of cocoa or hot chocolate.  Perfect when you need just a little something or as a special addition to a gift basket.

This holder is actually quite easy to make.  I need to give a shout out to my friend Dawn, who sent me something very similar last year.  I took measurements and deconstructed it to come up with this holder.

The holder is basically a small box inside a wrap around outer panel.  To start, I'll show how to make the holder (inside shown here.)

I used kraft cardstock printed on both sides.  Alternately, you could use solid cardstock and add panels of patterned paper on the front, inside, etc.

Cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 inches.  Score 5 1/4 inches from both the top and bottom.  Fold at the score lines.  You should have 1/2 inch between the score lines for your box bottom to sit on.

For the inside box, cut a piece of cardstock 5 3/4 x 5 inches and score 1/2 inch and 1 inch from both the left and right sides and the bottom.


Using paper snips cut out the bottom corners at the inner most score lines.

Fold at the score lines and add sticky tape to the outer edges of the sides and bottom.

On the inside of the outer panel, match the first score line (the one 1/2 inch from the bottom on the box piece) with the upper score line on the outer wrap panel (the one 5 1/4 inches from the top) and tape down.  This forms your box bottom.

 Next fold the sides and tape those to the back panel.  Your box is now complete!

For my decorations:

I cut two gnomes from red, green and white cardstock and assembled them.  I used Distress Oxide ink in Tea Dye to color their noses and face, and Pumice Stone to add a bit a shadow to their mustaches.  I used the three largest dies from the Nested Stitched Scalloped Circle dies and adhered the Hot Cocoa Tag to the smallest of the three I cut.

The Hot Cocoa Tag I glued to the box holding the cocoa packet and the largest one I glued to the inside front flap so I can write a message.

Finally, the mid sized circle and gnomes were put on the front.  I used a paper punch to punch two holes for my ribbon and tied on a small wooden spoon as an accent. 

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  This holder would be great for any type of small packet - mug cakes, cider or even a soup packet as a get well card/gift!

Don't forget to visit the online store where the Christmas release (Parts 1, 2 and 3!) are on sale right now for 25% off!

 Dies used:



 

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Creative project Jeanne- I love ❤️ and am definitely going to make one - thanks for the instructions

Pam MacKay said...

Love your beautiful gift package! It is a wonderful design!

Sukie said...

Great project! The packaging you created is adorable! Such a wonderful tutorial too!