Friday, May 08, 2020

Blooming Wagon

Happy Friday! It's Jeanne today with a card featuring a die from the new Gardening release.  This release, along with other dies, are on sale right now for Mother's Day - but this is for a limited time only!

I wanted to make a card with a vintage feel to it and thought the Garden Wheelbarrow die would be perfect.
I started the card by choosing the paper for the background and then going through my scraps to choose colors for the flowers.
From the patterned background paper I cut a panel 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches.  I used a fine point multiliner pen to draw small flowers in the corners and lines joining them.  The trick to doing this is to draw at a steady, rather quick pace.  The point is to get a line that is not dead straight (if so, use a ruler!) but just a little wavy.  With a little practice it really is quite easy.  For me it's a matter of speed.  Try to draw a straight line at a certain speed and it comes out perfectly waved!  I did this twice to make a double line.
Next, I cut a lot of flowers from my scraps.  More than I knew I'd need, but wanted play with the number and colors of flowers in the wheelbarrow.  I glued them all together.

I then cut the leaves and two colors of wheelbarrows - one rose red and the other green.
 I decided to use the green wheel barrow as it allowed the focus more on the flowers and not the wheelbarrow itself.  I used some Distress Oxide ink to antique the edges of the panel and the wheelbarrow.
 I adhered the wheelbarrow to the panel.  I cut the word "Bloom" by using the Garden Phrases die and cutting away the rest of the phrase.
When I glued down the wheelbarrow I adhered only the bottom of the cart so I could tuck the greenery and flowers into the wagon.
For my finished card I used the flowers in pinks and purples.  I had many flowers leftover and one wheelbarrow, so I made another card that is very different in look and feel from this one.  This is something I love about these dies - you can achieve so many different looks depending on the paper colors and patterns, and how you cut and color the dies.  Visit the blog on Monday, May 11 and see the second card I created!

Dies used:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenwheelbarrow.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenphrases.aspx

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a great weekend and a terrific Mother's Day - whether you are being celebrated, you are celebrating your mother or both!


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a pretty card Jeanne and I love the vintage vibe

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! All of the flowers look so gorgeous! Great way to add the word sentiment too!

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable card love the beautiful background for that wonderful wheelbarrow!

Janja said...

Very pretty card!