Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bunnies with a Balloon

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday day edition of the Blog. Hope you are doing ok in the midst of the pandemic. It's a great time to make some cards. I find it so relaxing being able to create. 

The new release of Spring dies are available in the online store and 25% off for a limited time. There are 27 new dies in the release and each one is cuter than the next. They are perfect for your Easter and Spring card making. 

Today, I am featuring the new Bunny Backsides die for another Easter card. I chose this die because I happened to see a challenge over on Splitcoaststampers that they titled "look up". It was open for interpretation and I thought these bunnies with their bunny balloon were looking up at the sky. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

This week I am using the MojoMonday sketch for my card layout.  As I have said so many times before, having a layout in mind at the start of my card is always a big boost for me. It jump starts my creative thought process. I love working with the sketches that are out there in the online world. That way I just choose the colors and designer paper and I am good to go.

This sketch was perfect with the middle horizontal panel for displaying my bunny images. 
I looked for some spring like designer paper in my collection and found this sheet. So I coordinated it with similar purple and green cardstocks. I used the dimensions given for the panels except for my card base and designer paper layer. I made that slightly larger. For the center rectangle panel I decided to use ribbon.

purple card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
white rectangle panel: I used the 3rd largest pierced rectangle die.
The vertical rectangle panel is embossed with a dots embossing folder, just for added interest. 
Next, I die cut the bunnies using the color scheme from the packaging. On the balloon bunny, I used the same color marker and darkened his eyes and nose. These little guys ae just too cute. 
Since the bunnies are outside watching their floating bunny balloon, I decided to sponge in some clouds and grass using distress inks. 
Now that my card elements are cut and prepped I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the ribbon to the designer paper. And, then attached that to the card base using double sided tape. 
I attached the embossed panel also using double sided tape. 
I attached the bunnies to the sponged panel with double sided tape and stamped my Easter sentiment. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for placement since this stamp is red rubber. 
To finish off my card, I added some white enamel dots. It's one of my fave embellishements and I like the look they add to a card.
Well, that's it for me for this post. Before I go I wanted to mention that there is a Home Crafting sale going on in the online store. Since most of us are under a "stay at home" order, this sale is a way to get some dies at really great prices. And, then you can "craft at home". See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:


4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the stripes and ribbon texture!

Jeanne said...

So cute Mary! Great use of the sketch and I love the stripes.

Janja said...

Very cute!

Sukie said...

So cute! Those bunnies are so cute and I love how everything coordinates so perfectly!