Friday, March 27, 2020

Blue Skies Ahead!

Happy Friday!  I hope everyone is staying well.  It's Jeanne today with a simple card using one of the adorable new duckling dies from the Spring release.
I used a card sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as the basis for my card.  Card sketches make designing a card quick and easy!
To start, I cut the pieces from white cardstock and colored using Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Seaside Spray inks along with Smoky Slate to shade the duckling and Crumb Cake for the kite supports.  I decided to make my duck white instead of yellow.  I guess I wanted him to look more like a full grown duck rather than a duckling.
I used an A2 white card base and cut a 2 3/8" x 4 1/4" panel from Daffodil Delight and a 2 1/4" x 4 1/4" panel from a blue watercolor patterned paper.
I stamped my sentiment on the blue panel and then glued that to the yellow panel and card base.
This card sketch is great and works for SO many of the spring dies.  It is very quick and really makes your die cut the focal point!

Dies:


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzducklingwithkite.aspx


Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to visit the online store where the new Spring dies are on sale for a limited time!

I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute CAS card

Sukie said...

So cute! I love the inspirational message and the sweet duck!

Pam MacKay said...

Great message for these trying times! Cute card!