Wednesday, July 03, 2019

For a Friend Like Gnome One Else

Hello!  This is Sukie, thank you for stopping by the blog today to check out a fun card I created.  I was inspired by the new Magical Garden release to create this friendship card.
I wanted a rustic theme to my card so I started with a patterned sheet from the DCWV Timeless Type stack along with a kraft card base.  I trimmed my paper to fit the 5x5, oversized card.  The sentiment is a printable which was inked on the edges.
The die cuts are from the Cottage Cutz Sleepy Gnome w/Mushrooms and the Magical Forest die sets.  All of the die cuts were shaded with Distress Inks.
I began building the scene on my card base by placing the 2 mushrooms on the left side.  Next I added the tree stump and trimmed off the branch on the right side.
I tucked in the branch behind the gnome along with some of the greenery and flowers. The gnome was leaned against the tree.  A few pieces of grass were anchored along the bottom edge of my card.
Once I added the tiny bee to my card base, I decided to cut out a couple of the smaller mushrooms from the Magical Forest die set and adorned them on the tree stump.
A burlap handout flag along with a small bow in jute were adhered as embellishments. The sentiment was the final finishing touch on my card.
Here are the dies used on my card, available in the shop:

4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful background for your whimsical gnome! The mix of dies looks amazing!

Janja said...

It's such a cute card.

Jeanne said...

Great card Sukie! Love the way you shaded the die cuts.

Mary Marsh said...

Just love these gnome images - this one looks so relaxed in his forest home- you made a great friendship card