Saturday, July 06, 2019

Gnome Sending Birhtday Wishes

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

The new Magical Garden dies are the latest release from CottageCutz.  There are 14 new designs and they are currently on sale at 25% off. If you love fairies, fairy gardens, gnomes and flowers, you will love these dies.  Today, I am featuring the new Gnome on Tree Stump die. 

The Gnomies in this release are so cute, and I thought he would make a great birthday card. I wanted it to lean more toward the masculine side because that's my intended recipient.  But, with the colors I used it could be a card for a kiddo or a gal. My card idea took so many turns from what I intended but in the end I was satisfied how it turned out. Let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Step 1: I decided to cut the gnome first. I used bright cardstock because even though this is a guy card, it doesn't have to sport dull colors. My intent was to use a white background as the image panel but that was one of several changes. 
So instead of a white background for the image panel, I went with seafoam green designer paper. The plain white background was just to stark for my liking.  I layered the designer paper on seafoam green cardstock and my card base is rich razzleberry. 
 
Rich Razzleberry Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Seafoam Green Layering Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

I cut my wish sentiment using the Stitched Alphabet die. The heart balloon is part of the Fairytale Birthday die. The streamers are from the Birthday Birdies die. This die is on sale at 70% off. 
Step 2: I am ready to start card assembly. I adhered the designer paper to the seafoam green layering panel with double sided tape.
I decided to stamp a sentiment in addition to the Wish Phrase on my card. This was another change. I used my MISTI for placement and just in case I needed to ink twice. Which I did on all 3 stamps. I pulled the sentiments from 3 different stamp sets. Used rich razzleberry ink for stamping. 
 I placed the gnome on my image panel using dimensional adhesive. I didn't want him to far down and also I wanted his feet to be on top of the letter S.
Attached the Wish phrase with double sided tape. 
Added the heart balloon and birthday streamers using Ranger multi-matte adhesive. I decided not to use the green metallic streamer. I didn't think the green matched with the background. This was another change. 
To complete my card, I added the image panel to the card base. Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you another idea on a way to use Gnome on Tree Stump die. See you next Saturday! 

As a reminder there is a big 4th of July sale going on in the online store with savings up to 70%. Check it out here
dies I used to create card:





4 comments:

Sukie said...

Super fun card! Your idea of turning this into a birthday theme is so fun and creative! The festive colors look great too!

Janja said...

It's such a fun and beautiful card for a birthday.

Pam MacKay said...

Fun idea to use the cute little gnome to send Birthday wishes!

Jeanne said...

Fun card! Love the use of the stitched alphabet with the gnome!