Saturday, July 20, 2019

Party Cake (new die)


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

We have a brand new release of Birthday dies in the online store. There are 25 new designs and they are currently on sale at 25% off. This release is filled with cute little whimsical animals, birthday cakes, cupcakes and birthday phrases. Everything you need to create some outstanding birthday cards.

Today, I am featuring the Party Cake and Festive Birthday Greeting dies. So let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Step 1:   As I have said so many times before, having a layout in mind at the start of my card is always a big boost for me. It jump starts my creative thought process. I love working with the sketches that are out there in the online world. That way I just choose the colors and designer paper and I am good to go. 

This week's sketch #758 on Splitcoaststampers was perfect to create a festive birthday card. It allowed me to use designer paper and the image was perfect for showcasing the party cake image.
White Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Layer #3: 3 1/16" x 4 1/16" (largest rectangle die)
Layer #4: 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" (2nd largest pierced rectangle die)
Layer #5: 2 11/16" x 3 11/16" (2nd largest rectangle die)

I cut the birthday cake in chocolate chip and melon mambo cardstocks. The candles are cut in grape cardstock, the cake plate in coastal cabana, and for the "cake confetti" I used a combination of the cardstocks I've just listed.
Step 2: I stamped my birthday wishes sentiment in melon mambo ink to match the "happy" banner at the top of the panel.
Attached the cake image with double sided tape. The happy banner and cake confetti are attached with Ranger multi medium matte.
I started the assembly of the card layers. Attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape. The white panels are element 2 of the sketch and also attached with double sided tape.
Secured the espresso panel - element 3 of the sketch- with double sided tape.
To finish off my card , I added the image panel and scattered a few melon mambo enamel dots to the espresso brown panel. That's my card for this week. I hope I have given you an idea on a way to use this super cute and festive party cake. See you next Saturday.
dies I used to create card:






4 comments:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

This is a beautiful card, Mary, with a beautiful birthday cake!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card Mary. Love the pink with the "chocolate" cake! Great use of the sketch.

Sukie said...

Wonderful birthday card! The colors are so bright and cheery which is perfect for a birthday celebration! I really like the sketch you used too!

Pam MacKay said...

Great birthday cake love the fun design!