Saturday, October 09, 2010

School Layout with my Fall Dies

For those of use with children and/or grandchildren, Fall also means Back to School and all of the great pictures that go with it! I knew I had to have this Cottage Cutz Hoot Owl because not only would he look fabulous on any and all Fall-themed pages, he is perfect for school pages as well. What school page couldn't use a wise old owl now and then, right?!


For this layout, I just ran the Hoot Owl die through my cutting machine one time with white textured cardstock and then used my Copic markers to color and shade him. I decided to leave off the branch to keep this little guy looking more ready for school than for the out-of-doors.


To create the flowers, I used this cool Cork Paper from Creative Impressions and my Cottage Cutz 3" Daisy. This cork paper is very thin but has such fabulous texture. The Cottage Cutz die cut it beautifully. I thought the cork flowers make for a fun and unique accent on my school-themed page.

Hope you are having a great weekend and getting some scrapping done in between the football! Keep checking back because you just never know when a new project is going to posted!! 
Ruth Ellen


3 comments:

Shar said...

So cute!!! Ruth Ellen, the owl is perfect on our scholarly layout. What a sweet photo too of your dd and teacher. Great work. :)

CreatedbyKay said...

What a great LO Ruth Ellen! The owl is a great addition to it. It has such a great back to school feel - love it!

Lorie said...

The owl is just perfect with this layout. Your layouts are always inspiring, and so sweet!