Monday, August 17, 2026

Lady Bugs Galore

Hello Friends

I thought it would be fun to make one more summery card before I start on all my fall creations.  I am using Doodle Bugs, Stitched Tulips and DaisiesStitched Birdhouse plus a sentiment from one of our stamps sets called Love Bug Stamp Set.  If you haven't checked out our stamps take a minute to take a peek.  They are so sweet and the dies are included.  I want to thank Kathy Schweinfurth for the inspiration for my card.  I saw hers on Pinterest.


Design Steps:
1.  Use an A2 red card base, cut a piece of DP 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, use the second from the largest Pierced Rectangle Frame die and cut out 3 black frames, cut out a piece of checked DP 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 and a piece of clear acetate 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 (not pictured)
2.  Using the Doodle Bug die cut out 3 lady bugs in black and red.  Using the Stitched Tulip and Daisies die cut out 3 small daisies in white and yellow.  Using the Stitched Bird House cut out just the house in 2 black checked DP and 2 red flowers DP (for the banner)
3.  Glue the 3 black frames together, glue the piece of acetate to the back of the frames.  Use foam tape to line the window as shown above.  Fill the well with shaker material.  Place the red checked retangle on the foam tape face down as seen below


4.  Place holes in all of your banner pieces both on the left and right.  Use a piece of twine to string them together as shown above.  Use dimension dots to pop them onto the card.  Glue down your shaker window just below the banner as shown above

5.  Add the flowers to the shaker window and cut the ends of the twine.  I used glue dots to secure the ends of the twine to the card

6.  Add the lady bugs and your sentiment and your card is complete





Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Blessings and Take Care







Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz
 


No comments: