Friday, October 18, 2024

Cadillac Santa




Hello and welcome back to the CottageCutz blog. It's Marla here today. I'm slowly transitioning into Christmas card makes. I've been having so much fun with fall projects it takes a little effort to make the shift. My card today has a 50's vibe with the "Cadillac Santa" die from CottageCutz. I used a color combination to fit the retro style and couldn't be happier with the finished card.


Let me walk you through my design process.
  • Die cut the pieces using the "Cadillac Santa" die and white cardstock
  • Ink up the die cuts.  I used Catherine Pooler Inks: Rockin Red, Fiesta Blue, Dress Blues and Sand Castle.
  • Use a black Micron Pen to add eyes, color hoofs and antlers.


I wanted Santa to be traveling through the forest, so I pulled out my favorite tree die from CottageCutz "Pine Tree, Slim".
  • Using the die, cut out the pieces from white cardstock
  • Ink the three layers using Catherine Pooler In the Park, Mint to Be and Macchiato ink
  • Glue the layers together


To finish the card:
  • Cut a piece of pattern paper to fit the front of an A2 top folding card base
  • Cut a piece of white cardstock using a mid-size rectangular shaped die I used a postage rectangle from my stash.
  • Adhered the pattern paper to the card base and add the white postage layer more toward the top of center.
 
Thank you for stopping by today.  You can use the links provided to shop these CottageCutz products and more.  Until next time.... Marla












Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz

No comments: