Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Tropical Hexagon Pop Up Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! 

Kris here, sharing some Wednesday inspiration with you!  I have another fun fold card tutorial that's perfect for a BIRD-day... I mean, Birthday ☺  


I followed a video tutorial for this Hexagon Pop Up Card Platform without Dies by Kcreations Deco.  I did find a mistake in her instructions as I was creating along... when it says to score one of the 2 hexagon platform pieces, it should be scored along the 5-1/2" side at 2", 3-1/2" (not 2-1/2), and 5"

Here is a photo of my base after I followed the video:


 I decided I wanted to add a back panel with sides.  You can make this any height you want to provide enough space for your images... or to fit into your envelope.  I made mine fairly tall and will fit into a 6" x 7 envelope.  

I cut a piece at 4-1/2" x 5-7/8" and with long side at top, I scored (1/16" less than) 1-3/4" from each side.

I measured down 1" from left and right sides and placed a pencil mark, then cut a diagonal line from that mark up to the scored line,   I then used my scissors to round the front corners

 *Note that in the photo below, I just have it sitting on the platform, it's not attached yet.   


I added some Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink to darken for a foliage look. 


I then die cut the Leafy Slimline die from a teal color and glued it to the top, then cut off the over-hanging pieces.  I glued a piece of beachy sand paper (from Divinity Designs) on the bottom portion. 
 

Next, I added some double sided tape to the bottom on BACK side of this piece and then inserted onto platform.

I embossed a sentiment onto black c.s. scored a tab on one end, and fishtail cut the other end.  Then I added tape to the flap and attached to the left side.  

For the Toucan, I attached her to a strip of heavy acetate and also the branch from the Swinging Monkey, and attached to the back shelf. 

For my TROPICAL elements... I changed up my norm and I die cut the pieces from various colored c.s. (instead of cutting from white and coloring with Copic markers).  
    • Toucan
    • Tropical Fruit
    • Aloha & Ukulele
    • Hibiscus Flowers
    • Flamingo w/ Hibiscus (for back of card)


Here they are put together and glued to the "shelves"




Thanks for taking a look today!  I hope you're inspired to try something NEW to you and create with your favorite CottageCutz dies ♥ 

~Kristine


   

   

   




Head over to Cottage Cutz and do a little shopping today!

Get Social With Cottage Cutz

1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

What a wonderful tropical pop up card! Love it!