Friday, November 15, 2019

Holiday Hedgehog

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a CAS card using the adorable Holiday Hedgehog die.  This die is perfect for the holidays, winter or anytime (just remove his hat and scarf!)
I started by cutting all the pieces from white card stock using the Holiday Hedgehog and Winter Window dies.

I colored the hedgehog using Distress Oxide inks.
For the background, I wanted to use an embossing folder that reminds me of falling snow, but I didn't want the embossing to go all the way to the bottom.  So I partial embossed a 4.25 x 5.5 inch panel.
I laid out my sentiment (but did not adhere it) and marked where I wanted the embossing to end...
then I ran the panel and folder through my die cutter with the embossing mat over just a part of the folder.
This kept the bottom from being embossed so I could glue down my sentiment.
This card is also for a sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and they asked that the angular feature be kept.  This is actually fairly simple.  Just lightly draw a cross with the intersection at the mid point of each line then cut from point to point.
You can get a diamond shape of any size doing this.  (If it weren't for the challenge I would have used an oval die for the background of the hedgehog.)
The hedgehog panel is popped off the card using foam dots and  the snowflakes are covered in covered in Wink of Stella.

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzholidayhedgehog.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhappyholidayspolarbears.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwinterwindow.aspx

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

5 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so cute Jeanne- I love this sweet little hedge- and your CAS layout is perfect to keep him as the focal point

Janja said...

That's so cute!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I love the all white background with the embossing and the snowflakes! The hedgehog is so super cute!

Joanne said...

Super cute card Jeanne. I love your colors!

Pam MacKay said...

Very cute!