Friday, September 21, 2018

Cozy Bear

Happy Friday Cottage Cutz fans!  It's Jeanne today with a card that I hope makes you feel warm and cozy.  This little bear is adorable and I can easily see using him well beyond the holidays!  How cute would he be for Valentine's Day or for someone (like my daughter) who loves their lattes?
I started by cutting all the pieces from white card stock and coloring with Copic markers.  I like doing this because it gives an infinite variety of colors.
I then assembled the bear in the mug.
For the background I cut white card stock to an A2 panel (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches).  I used some pearl ink and a stencil to make a subtle background of snowflakes.
Then I cut the panel down to 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches.
I used a self adhesive sheet on the back of pewter card stock and cut the sentiment from the Coffee and Cocoa Warm Wishes die and the snowflakes from the Snowflakes Set.
I placed the snowflakes hanging off the edge and then use paper snips to trim them flush.
Finally, I glued the panel to a dark blue A2 card base.  I used foam dots to pop up the bear and added some sequins for a bit of bling.
This little bear is one of my favorites - I can see him without the hat and with a letter or heart in his hand - so cute!

Be sure to check out the website.  Brand new Christmas Part 3 dies and Halloween dies have been released and are on sale for a limited time!

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhottoddybear.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcoffeeandcocoawarmwishes.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsnowflakesset.aspx

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love your shimmering background and the added snowflake! Sweet little teacup bear too!

Mary Marsh said...

Really cute card Jeanne - the hot toddy bear is so sweet- I agree he could be used beyond Christmas

Janja said...

Such a cute card.