Saturday, September 15, 2018

Country Christmas Wreath

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

Our  Christmas Part 2 dies are available, and on a 25% sale,  in the online store.  There are 29 new designs in this release. The Christmas Part 1 dies are still on sale as well for a limited time. 
The DT has been showing sample cards with the new dies. So if you haven't seen them page back and take a look at all the beautiful eye candy.

For my card today, I am using two  of the new dies from Christmas Part 2. I am featuring the Grapevine Wreath w/Bird and the Country Merry Christmas Phrase. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: This week I started my card with a sketch. I had this one saved to one of my Pinterest boards and I thought it would work well with the dies I used. This sketch gave all the measurements so it made it easy for me to do the cutting. Instead of an oval on this sketch I used my wreath. 
Step 2: I already knew I wanted to use this red gingham patterned paper so I layered it with white cardstock and then red for my card base. For the center rectangle, I decided to use wide (1.5") ribbon and layer red ribbon (5/8") over that. Just in case the measurements are to small to read, I have listed them below.
Red card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White layering panel: 4" x 5 1/4"
Gingham patterned paper: 1 7/8" x 5"

Die cut the wreath and the merry Christmas phrase using white cardstock.
Step 3: Now that all the card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. Attached the gingham paper to the white layer panel with double sided tape. Then I adhered the ribbon with Tombow power tabs. I like to use this adhesive with ribbon because it gives a strong hold.
Next, I attached the white wreath and the corner flourishes. I used glue dots on the bird and then Ranger multi matte medium sparingly on other parts of the wreath. I didn't want the wreath to be completely attached. I like the look of it being lifted slightly off the ribbon.
To complete my card I attached the red card base.
I used the Merry Christmas phrase on the inside of my card. I punched a few white dots and scattered them around the sentiment. I never do much with the inside of my cards. My focus is always on the card front.
 
Well, that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for using this new Grapevine Wreath die. It's a card that you could easily make multiples of. By changing the card colors this could also be a fall wreath for a harvest or Thanksgiving card.

See you next Saturday!

Dies I used to create card:
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgrapevinewreathwbirdelites.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcountrymerrychristmasphraseelites.aspx
 

 



3 comments:

Lois said...

This is a really pretty card, Mary. I love red and white checks, and the paper makes a wonderful background for that lovely white wreath.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the large checked background perfect for the beautiful wreath!

Jeanne said...

I love this card Mary. The checks accentuate the wreath so well!