Sunday, September 03, 2017

Baked with Love


Hi!
This is Anja again. My colleague asked me to make her a card for her friend who loves to bake. And this is what I came up with. I played with embossing and Distress Oxides.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Tiered Wedding Cake, Baking In The Kitchen, Nested Stitched Scallop Circle Set, Nested Stitched Doily Set),
- Distress Oxides (Antique Linen, Abandoned Coral, Vintage Photo),
- transparent embossing powder,
- Versamark embossing ink,
- watercolor paper (10,7x14,7 cm),
- white card base (11x15 cm),
- paper glue,
- enamel dot,
- Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.

First I stamped the images on watercolor paper. I used the stamping platform to make it easier. I embossed the images with transparent embossing powder.


I colored the images with water and Distress Oxides. I spritzed a few drops of color all over the paper at the end. I used the same technique to color the cake.


I decided to stamp the sentiment directly on the cake.


Then I die cut two different circles that combine each other nicely.


And after that I just combined and glued all the pieces together. I added a little glitter with Wink of Stella marker to the cake and colored images on the background.




Have a fun filled Sunday.
Anja Z.





5 comments:

Lois said...

That was very clever of you to make your own background paper for your cute "baking" card!

Pam MacKay said...

Love how you did the background! So happy and bright!

Mary Marsh said...

such a cute and creative card Anja and so perfect for someone who loves to bake

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you used. Perfect for this card,

SugarShine Designs said...

Different but cool card. I like it!