Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oink Oink and a bottle of Coke!

Several years ago I started a recipe book of my favorite recipes and scrapped them before adding them to my book. It seems I always have a few new recipes to add to my book.
After trying my friends Pork Barbacoa Enchiladas I knew I had to make them for my family.
They were a big hit so I added this recipe to my book.
The Pig Peeker and the Soda Pop bottle worked great for this recipe and of course the ever versatile Rick Rack Edger comes through for me again.

I altered the Soda Pop bottle just a bit to make it look like Coke and used some Distress Stickles on my brown layer and then added Glossy Accents to make it look shiney like glass.

Just an FYI if you decide to try this recipe, it works great to divide up the pork once it's done and freeze it in Ziploc bags to use later. For my enchiladas I simply take a flour tortilla, add some pork barbacoa and some Jack cheese, roll it up and put Green Chile Enchilada sauce over the top and some more Jack cheese. You can microwave a serving at a time or put them all in baking dish and heat through till hot and bubbly at about 350 degrees.
Once the pork is done these are very simple to make!


5 comments:

Lorie said...

What a great recipe page, Kay, and the recipe sounds absolutely YUMMY! Great job!!

Court said...

i think i will make this for tomorrow night's dinner! Not sure which I like best - the LO or the recipe!

Shar said...

What a cute idea. Love this!

Ruth Ellen said...

Love it!! Cute project and dinner, too!! You can't beat the SC Blog!!

DonnaMundinger said...

YUM! this is soo stinkin' cute, too! xxD