Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cottage Cutz Window and Flower Pot

Who would have ever thought paper curtains could be so fun. When I saw this CottageCutz Window and Flower Pot die I immediately knew I wanted my curtains out of a bright and cheery patterned paper.
I thought this would make a good Get Well card and brighten someone's day.
First I cut the die out of white cardstock and the orange patterned paper and inked the edges.
Then I took my Copic markers and colored the flower and the pot and backed this all with a piece of light blue cardstock for the window. I used some tiny lines of Stickles on the window to make it look real. I added the brads after I assembled the card and didn't want the back of the brads showing through my card so I cut off the brad tabs and then used glue dots to secure them to my card.
So when you're adding those fun new Quickutz to your cart don't forget to add a few CottageCutz dies too - they're so fun to work with.
Here is a picture of what this die looks like.




4 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

I just love this window Cottage Cutz die!! Great use of it, Kay!

Beverly S. said...

Pretty! I love your polka dot curtains. :) Cute, cute card, Kay. :) I love what you did with this CottageCutz die....now I want it!!! :)

Natasha said...

This is such a gorgeous card Kay - I love it :-)

Rochelle said...

Such a happy, wonderful card! This is sure to brighten anyone's day! I love the adorable CottageCutz die and the colors and accents you used! :O)