Monday, December 10, 2018

Quick Christmas Card

Hi, Lois here today with my Monday post.  Sometimes you need a really quick Christmas card in a hurry.  That's what I have for you today.  I think it took me all of about 25 minutes to make.  For me that's pretty quick!  I have a friend who just loves cats.  Even though she has only one at the moment, she refers to herself as that "crazy cat lady."  I think she would like my card.



To start, I cut Miss Kitty from the CottageCutz new Pets release from white card stock.  


In addition to Miss Kitty, I cut just the holly leaves and berries from Dakota the Husky, replacing the flower on her hat with the holly leaves.  I then colored all the pieces and constructed my cat.  I wanted the paws to stick out a bit, so I ran a stylus around the back of them and stuck tiny foam pop dots on the back.  I think you can see the dimension.


To reduce a little time, I used a pre-cut card base and then cut a piece of Christmas plaid paper 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" and die-cut the Merry Christmas from a pre-glued scrap of red card stock, which I had previously run through my Xyron sticker maker.



I just glued the plaid paper across the card, added some foam pop dots to Miss Kitty to pop her up, and adhered the sentiment.  I was done -- 25 minutes, start to finish!


CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmisskitty.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzdakotathehuskyexclusive.aspx


4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this little kitty is just too cute as is your card.

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the Christmas hat!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The kitty is so sweet with her Christmas hat! I love how quickly you whipped this out!

Janja said...

Beautiful!