Sunday, February 04, 2018

Valentine's Vines

Hi!

It's Anja here. Can't believe it's already February. This 2018 is going fast. We are all snowed in and I'm happy I can stay at home and make some cards. I have another card today for you that can be used as a Valentine's card. I really like this beautiful angel die and I think it would be a shame if I could only use it during the holiday season.


For this card I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Angel With Holly, Fancy Doves With Vine, Cupcake (Mini)),
- Distress Inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Barn Door),
- watercolor paper for background (9,5x20,5 cm and 8,9x19,9 cm) and die cuts,
- white card base (10x21 cm),
- white card stock for background (9,2x20,2 cm),
- Zig brush markers (flesh tones),
- black pen,
- watercolor brush,
- heat gun,
- adhesive foam pads,
- embossing tool,
- embossing surface,
- paper glue,
- water spritzer.

First I made the background. I cut tree rectangles (the sizes are written above). For the smallest rectangle I put some Distress Ink on my glass surface and spritzed a bit of water over it. Then I tapped the paper on it to pick the blue color. I dry it with the heat gun.


I colored the largest rectangle around the edges.


And then I cut another rectangle from plain white card stock.


I cut all the pieces from watercolor paper (300 g) and colored it with Distress Inks. I put the color on my surface and picked it up with the brush.




I used embossing tool to add some dimension to the vines.


When I had everything ready I glued it together. I used adhesive foam pads to glue the angel and the bird on the card. And this is the final result.
 



Have a nice Sunday and a crafty week ahead.
Anja Z.

Cottage Cutz dies I used:








7 comments:

Fikreta said...

its gorgeous!

Marjeta said...

Kako luštna voščilnica

Janja said...

Wonderful card! Shading is so nice.

Lois said...

It's wonderful that you stretched this Christmas angel beyond a Christmas card. It's just lovely!

Pam MacKay said...

Very clever use of the dies and an adorable card too!

Mary Marsh said...

this is just too cute Anja- and a very creative idea to use the angel for a Valentine's card - love it!!!

Jeanne said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how you colored the angel. And such a creative use of the dies!