Sunday, September 24, 2017

Penguins with Gifts

Hi everyone!

It’s Anja here. Today I finally got to play with new Cottage Cutz dies. They will be available in the store by September 25th. There is so many cute new motives and you will have so much fun coloring and putting all the pieces together. For my first Christmas cards this season I used this cute penguin die. I colored it with Brusho colors which are new addition to my craft supplies. 


For this three cards I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Penguin with Presents, Nested Stiched Scallop Oval Set),
- Brusho colors (Lemon, Orange, Scarlet, Turquoise, Ultramarine, Emerald Green, Sea Green, Olive Green, Black), 
- three white card bases (15x11 cm),
- watercolor paper (3 14,5x10,5 cm), 
- white card stock for die cuts,
- white pigment ink pad,
- water brush and spritzer,
- heat gun, 
- black pen,
- paper glue.he penguin three times. 

First I die cut all the pieces and colored them with Brusho colores. I added a bit of powder to the pallet and mixed it with water. When the pieces dried I glued them together.


 Then I made the backgrounds. I cut it from watercolor paper. I added a bit of Brusho color to the corners of each paper and spritzed it with water.


Water helps the powder make beautiful designs. 


I tapped additional water with a paper towel and dried the paper with heat gun.


I added some white ink around the edges to soften it a bit.


Then I cut three ovals from white card stock and glued it and the penguins to the card base.


And these are the finished cards.





Have a nice Sunday!
Anja Z.

Cottage Cutz products I used:




7 comments:

Lois said...

A very cute set of penguin cards!

Janja said...

So festive and beautiful!

Mary Marsh said...

So cute Anja and a creative idea- you did a great job with the Brushos- love the new sweet little penguins dies-

SugarShine Designs said...

Love seeing how you used the penguin dies. Penguin lovers everywhere are going to fall in love with these new dies. Thanks for telling us how you used your new paints too. -Janet

Pam MacKay said...

Love the Brusho background for your cute penguins

Unknown said...

So beautiful and cute, love the pinguins and brushos are the best.

Jeanne said...

Great card - I love your use of the Brushos for the background!